Welcome to the Florida Muslim Bar Association!
FMBA is registered as a 501(c)(6) non-Profit trade organization. Our primary defining factor is our common profession - lawyering. While FMBA does not typically take a position on political or other politically-based issues, we do provide information, opinions, comments and other perspectives on political issues, without making any endorsements.
To strive to foster a community of legal professionals with the highest standard of integrity and honor, promote the equal administration of justice, and encourage diversity in the legal system.
- To organize and represent Muslim attorneys in Florida and to advance the goals, needs and interest thereof;
- To encourage entry into the legal profession for Muslim men and women;
- To assist law student Members in the furtherance of their legal careers and in their continued involvement in this Association;
- To facilitate communication and the sharing of resources among Muslim attorneys, promote education on issues relevant to Muslim attorneys, and take all other steps necessary to further the professional development of Muslim attorneys in Florida;
- To promote Muslim participation in American executive, legislative, and judicial decision-making processes; and
- To improve the position of the Muslim community at large by addressing issues affecting the local and national Muslim population, educating the local and national community about matters affecting the Muslim community, advancing and protecting the rights of Muslims in America, and creating an environment that helps guarantee the full, fair and equal representation of Muslims in American society.
Membership (download the membership form here)
Membership is open to all attorneys authorized to practice law in any state as well as law students, and requires a yearly membership fee, depending on employment. Law student membership is free, but we ask law student members to volunteer 10 hours per school year. You can now pay your dues on-line at this site with a credit card. For licensed attorneys, the membership fees are as follows:
- Private/Firm Practice: $100/year
- Government/Public Interest: $50/year
All paying members are automatically subscribed to FMBA-Net, our on-line e-mail network, and will be eligible for discounts at FMBA events. Although FMBA-Net is meant to be a privilege enjoyed by paying members of the organizations, for persons who wish to join FMBA-Net only, such persons must demonstrate their connection to legal practice in Florida, and subcription is at the discretion of the Moderator/Maintainer or FMBA-Net. Eventually, FMBA-Net will only be available to paying members.
Florida Muslim Bar Association
P.O. Box 260458
Pembroke Pines, Florida 33026
Last Updated (Thursday, 03 July 2014 13:29)